Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Disney Year in Review...from A Disney Girl in Orlando


2013 was a wonderful year to be at Walt Disney World!
At the beginning of the year New Fantasyland was still very fresh and exciting.
Rapunzel's Tower and restrooms were a huge hit with the guests

bringing beautiful scenery & character along with a functional place to relax and charge electronic devices.  We've been keeping our eyes on Snow White's Mine Train progress through the peep-hole and above the fence.  With Disney, there is always something wonderful as we look forward.
  

Limited Time Magic was a WONDERFUL way to keep Disney new and changing every week of the year and was tons of fun enjoying the big to the smaller celebrations.  

My favorite Limited Time Magic events for the first quarter of 2013 were Long Lost Friends Week in January, True Love Week on Valentine's Week and Merida's Coronation as she became an "Official" Disney Princess with a Grand Ceremony and some extra-special friends around to welcome her.



Marathon weekend and Princess weekend were huge for the Run Disney community which keeps growing & growing!  It seems Run Disney has taken some dates in January out of the "off-season" for booking Walt Disney World trips.  And for 2014, approximately 70,000 participants will be coming out to participate in Marathon week events.


 Spring is a wonderful time to be at Walt Disney World.

This year, Animal Kingdom celebrated 15 year anniversary on Earth Day!
We have Easter, in which the Grand Floridian celebrated it's 2nd Annual Easter Egg Display.  The Grand Floridian Bakery Team takes 3 weeks to prepare the display.  The eggs weigh 9-12 pounds and stand 16-20 inches tall.  The designs are unbelievable!  Plus at Easter, Mr. & Mrs. Bunny are happy to pose for pictures with your family.

Then we have springtime at EPCOT...wow!  The EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival was celebrating 20 years!

To help celebrate, there are always wonderful seminars and this year, they added food and beverage kiosks.  
Some of the fun features of Food and Wine Festival are proving to be very popular in the spring as well.  And during the Food & Wine Festival this year, we were happy to welcome Scotland to our mix of countries providing yummy treats!

In May, Star Wars Weekends were in full effect at Hollywood Studios.  Some of my favorite Limited Time Magic Weeks for second quarter were "May The Fourth Be With You" on the week of May 4th and The Three Caballeros are a very rare treat to see at EPCOT for Cinco De Mayo.

Some Disney movies made their appearances in the parks in various ways this year.  I saw some fun additions from Monsters University, Oz Great and Powerful and Frozen characters, signs and various advertising in the parks.








The next BIG thing in my personal Disney Year was the Limited Time Magic "Unleash The Villains" Party on Friday the 13th of September.  Disney Villains that I have never seen came out including "Oogie Boogie from A Nightmare Before Christmas, who made his first appearance out at Walt Disney World and was the biggest hit in the parks that night.  Plus, there was special fireworks at Hollywood Studios.   I had a great time at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!  I had a special moment with Captain Jack Sparrow and told him that I would be seeing him in a few weeks on my first Cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy.

I also had my first Run Disney Volunteer experience at the Happy Haunted 5K during the Tower of Terror weekend at Walt Disney World.  We had a very special guest before the 5K was to begin:  The Headless Horseman!  I had a great view, as I was a part of Crowd Control at the Start Line.    

In November, I was fortunate enough to board the Fantasy to St. Marten and St. Thomas, as well as Disney's private Island Castaway Cay.  I had the opportunity to eat Brunch in Palo while onboard the ship.  Then, while on Castaway Cay, I was able to participate with my Running Team and earn a cute Run Disney medal.  Plus, I can say that I participated in a 5K in the Bahamas...too cool!


 Then the holidays at Walt Disney World include an array of festivities from Osborne Lights, EPCOT celebrating holidays around the world, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and the Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade.  I was very thankful to have participated in my first Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade taping and was so excited to see myself on national television several times.  It was always a dream of mine to be there for that.  2013 was definitely a year of "DREAMS COME TRUE" for me!  Even though I live in the Orlando area now, it never ceases to amaze me at how many NEW Disney adventures I can continue to enjoy.  I hope that you are enjoying ALL the holidays throughout the


year and bringing out your DISNEY SIDE...I look forward to sharing 2014 with you.  Be safe.  Surround yourself with the things that make you smile.  Strive to be a better person every day!  Thank you for reading my blog & if you enjoy it, I'd love for you to share it with others.  2013 was wonderful!  HAPPY 2014!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment