Sunday, January 27, 2013

Disney's Limited Time Magic: Long Lost Friends

The Disney Company has announced 2013 will have "Limited Time Magic" with something different happening each Monday-Sunday of the year.

The week of January 21-27 was "Long Lost Friends" Week.
For many of us who have grown up and have been lifelong Disney fans, we had a true treat with appearances that people like me have NEVER had the opportunity to meet in person.  I felt like I was 4 years old again watching the old black and white shorts on television and meeting the stars!


The "Old Friends" range from characters created in 1929 through stars from an animated series in the 1980's.  I did some research on Wikipedia.

First of all, Clarabelle Cow was created in 1928 and Horace Horecollar in 1929 by Walt Disney and Ub Iworks.  Clarabelle Cow & Minnie Mouse were best friends in those early days, while Horace & Mickey were great pals.  Usually Clarabelle & Horace were coupled together...but sometimes Clarabelle was paired with Goofy.  Both of these characters had cameos in Who Framed Roger Rabbit in 1988.  Horace even had a movie cameo as late as 1990 and Clarabelle as late as 2004...they have been in some Mickey Mouse Clubhouse episodes on the Disney Channel.


The Three Little Pigs were the NEXT, as I am featuring our eldest friends first.  Their animated short film was created in 1933.  This was so popular that we can all still do the little jig & can recreate the "I'll huff & I'll puff and I'll BLOW YOUR HOUSE DOWN" ---  Yes I can even get in the Wolf stance as I perform that in my living room.  This group was FANTASTIC!  The wolf was truly in character trying to eat everything in sight & Practical Pig truly had his hands full keeping everyone in line!  The pigs were even dancing to the "Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It" Parade Music...showing that you CAN teach an old pig new tricks...


Our next eldest friends were the Pinocchio, Geppetto & Jiminy Cricket - as their feature film came out in 1940.  I was excited to see the whole gang together & Jiminy was very happy to know that he helped me to always remember to always let my conscience be my guide.  And Pinocchio was trying very hard to be a good boy.  Geppetto was very proud - and wow, they look GREAT for their age.

Robin Hood, Friar Tuck, Prince John & The Sheriff of Nottingham were the next eldest.  Walt Disney Productions released this film November 8, 1973.  This one is the closest to my birth age, so they truly had characters for EVERY age group in these friends. 


 Scrooge McDuck & Ludwig Von Drake were both stars in the 1987 animated series Duck Tales.  Many fans also fondly remember "Darkwing Duck" which was the spinoff that aired from 1991-92.

  I have attached a link to our Long Lost Friends as they paraded out...click the link here:  A Disney Girl in Orlando - via You Tube
  Did you have the opportunity to attend Long Lost Friends Week during Disney's Limited Time Magic?  Or have you attended a different week?  If so, what was the theme & what did you think?  Thanks for checking out my Blog!   And as they say in Disney "Have a Magical Day!"


No comments:

Post a Comment